Salmon Niçoise Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped herbs, such as parsley, chives, or dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large head Boston lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Niçoise olives (2 ounces)
- Heat broiler. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and remove from pot.
- Meanwhile, coat the salmon with 2 teaspoons of the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Broil the salmon 10 to 12 minutes, until just cooked through. Let cool, then flake with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place the green beans in a saucepan of water and boil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, run under cold water, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the herbs, mustard, lemon juice, remaining ⅓ cup oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in half when cool enough to handle. Arrange with the lettuce and green beans on plates. Top each with the salmon, eggs, and olives. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 487
- Calcium 87mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Cholesterol 159mg
- Fat 32g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 26mg
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 414mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .