Salmon Fried Rice With Cabbage and Chilies
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Leftovers from Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon With Green Beans and Shallots:
- 3 1/2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups garlicky green beans, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 6-ounce pieces cooked salmon, broken into pieces
- Additional ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 red jalapeño or serrano pepper, sliced
- 1 small head napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- kosher salt
- cilantro leaves, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rice, ginger, and jalapeño and cook, tossing frequently, until the jalapeño has softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook, tossing frequently, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the green beans and peas to the skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the salmon and cook, tossing gently, until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add the vinegar and ¾ teaspoon salt to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 450
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 72mg
- Sodium 475mg
- Protein 32g
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Sugar 13g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 101mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .