Salmon Club With Avocado Butter
Serves 2| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- kosher salt
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 8-ounce salmon fillet, sliced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves, loosely packed
- Place the avocado, lemon juice, butter, oregano, and ¾ teaspoon salt in a food processor. Pulse until nearly smooth, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and cook until opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Spread half of the avocado butter on two slices of bread and top with half of the salmon and arugula and two slices of bread. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and top with the remaining bread to make two double-decker sandwiches.
- Per Serving
- Calories 638Calories From Fat 322
- Fat 36g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 102mg
- Sodium 1,796mg
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 12g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 132mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .