Salmon Cakes With Lemon Rice
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 14 3/4-ounce cans red or pink salmon, drained, any skin and large bones removed
- 1 1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, quartered
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, ½ cup bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire sauce, capers, tarragon, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Mix together well and form into 12 small patties. Coat the patties in the remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. When done, remove from heat and leave covered.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the oil is hot but not smoking.
- Sauté the patties in batches for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Toss the rice with the parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the salmon cakes and lemon quarters.
- Per Serving
- Calories 833Calories From Fat 414
- Fat 47g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 166mg
- Sodium 1,756mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 350mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .