Salmon Burgers With Corn Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears), raw or cooked
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta (2 ounces)
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 rolls
- avocado slices and cilantro sprigs for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, Feta, jalapeños, oil, lime juice, walnuts, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a food processor, pulse the salmon 3 or 4 times, until coarsely chopped but still somewhat chunky.
- Add the scallions, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse just to combine. Form the mixture into ¾-inch-thick patties.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Oil the grate. Grill the patties, turning once, until opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on the rolls, topped with the avocado and cilantro (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 345Calories From Fat 111
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 530mg
- Cholesterol 86mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
When shopping for salmon, pick fish that’s evenly colored and doesn’t smell fishy; it should smell like the ocean.