- 1cup walnut pieces
- 4cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears), raw or cooked
- 1/2cup crumbled Feta (2 ounces)
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 rolls
- avocado slices and cilantro sprigs for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, Feta, jalapeños, oil, lime juice, walnuts, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a food processor, pulse the salmon 3 or 4 times, until coarsely chopped but still somewhat chunky.
- Add the scallions, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse just to combine. Form the mixture into ¾-inch-thick patties.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Oil the grate. Grill the patties, turning once, until opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on the rolls, topped with the avocado and cilantro (if desired).