fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears), raw or cooked
crumbled Feta (2 ounces)
jalapeños, seeded and thinly sliced
olive oil, plus more for the grill
fresh lime juice
kosher salt and black pepper
skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
scallions, thinly sliced
avocado slices and cilantro sprigs for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, Feta, jalapeños, oil, lime juice, walnuts, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a food processor, pulse the salmon 3 or 4 times, until coarsely chopped but still somewhat chunky.
- Add the scallions, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse just to combine. Form the mixture into ¾-inch-thick patties.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Oil the grate. Grill the patties, turning once, until opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on the rolls, topped with the avocado and cilantro (if desired).