- 2 pounds salmon fillet, skin removed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs (from 2 slices white bread, ground in a food processor)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (if cooking on a stovetop)
- 4 brioche buns, toasted
- Mayonnaise, yogurt, thinly sliced onion, and pickles (optional), for serving
- Heat grill or stovetop to medium.
- Finely chop the salmon. Place half in a large resealable plastic bag and use a flat-surfaced meat pounder or a rolling pin to mash it.
- Place all the salmon in a large bowl. Combine with egg whites, mustard, bread crumbs, dill, and ½ teaspoon salt. Form four ¾-inch-thick patties.
- Place the patties on grill. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side. (On a stovetop, heat the oil in a grill pan over medium heat and cook patties 5 minutes per side.)
- Serve the patties on the brioche buns, with the toppings of your choice.