Salmon With Basil Oil
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a bowl halfway with ice water. Set broiler on high.
- Place the salmon on a foil-lined broiler pan and season with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cook the salmon, without turning, until it is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness. Transfer to plates.
- Meanwhile, add the basil to the pot of water and cook for 5 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer it to the ice water. Drain, squeeze to remove excess water, place on a paper towel, and pat dry.
- Place the basil, oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Drizzle the salmon with some of the basil oil and serve. (The remaining oil can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 weeks.)
- Per Serving
- Calories 372Calories From Fat 60%
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 251mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 34g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .