Salami Sandwich With Cauliflower Relish
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and roughly chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red or white wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 12 slices country-style bread or baguette
- 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 pound salami, thinly sliced
- Pour about 1 inch of water into a large saucepan or pot. Fit a steamer basket in the pan.
- Cut the cauliflower into quarters. Remove and discard the core. Place the cauliflower in the steamer, cover, and place over medium-high heat. Steam until almost but not quite tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Chop the cauliflower into ½-inch chunks; transfer to a large bowl. Add the oil, raisins, capers, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and (if desired) vinegar and caraway seeds. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the bread slices on a work surface. Spread half the slices with the mustard; top with the salami and cauliflower relish. Sandwich with the remaining bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 622Calories From Fat 32%
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 1,545mg
- Carbohydrate 78g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 23g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .