- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2cup golden raisins
- 1/4cup capers, drained and roughly chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1teaspoon red or white wine vinegar (optional)
- 1teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 12 slices country-style bread or baguette
- 6teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4pound salami, thinly sliced
- Pour about 1 inch of water into a large saucepan or pot. Fit a steamer basket in the pan.
- Cut the cauliflower into quarters. Remove and discard the core. Place the cauliflower in the steamer, cover, and place over medium-high heat. Steam until almost but not quite tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Chop the cauliflower into ½-inch chunks; transfer to a large bowl. Add the oil, raisins, capers, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and (if desired) vinegar and caraway seeds. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the bread slices on a work surface. Spread half the slices with the mustard; top with the salami and cauliflower relish. Sandwich with the remaining bread.