Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 hamburger or hot dog buns, split
- 4 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 jarred pepperoncini (hot Tuscan peppers), thinly sliced lengthwise (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- Place the bottoms of the buns on a work surface, cut-side up. Top with the salami, fontina, and pepperoncini (if desired).
- Sandwich with the tops of the buns. Flatten slightly with the back of a spatula. Spread the top of each sandwich with ½ tablespoon of the butter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the sandwiches, buttered-side down, pressing occasionally with the back of a spatula, for 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until the cheese melts and the bread is golden.
- Per Serving
- Calories 397Calories From Fat 59%
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 71mg
- Sodium 1,074mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 18g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the sandwiches with arugula tossed with cherry tomatoes and toasted pine nuts.