- 1pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 to 3 anchovy fillets
- 1teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 1cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2cup olives, preferably kalamata, pitted
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1 baguette
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until bright green and tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain again and return to bowl.
- Place the anchovies in a bowl and smash with a fork. Add the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Drizzle over the beans and toss; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the tuna, tomatoes, olives, onion, pepper, and remaining oil.
- Halve the baguette lengthwise, then cut it crosswise into 4 portions. Toast if desired.
- Spoon the tuna mixture onto the bottom of each baguette portion. Sandwich with the top half and press gently but firmly. Serve with the beans.