- 1/3cup all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 peaches, sliced (peeled, if desired)
- 1 refrigerated piecrust (such as Pillsbury)
- Heat oven to 425° F. Rinse the peaches and pat dry. Do not peel them. Cut each one in half, discarding the pits. Slice the fruit into wedges about 1/2 inch thick. In a large bowl, combine the flour, ginger, nutmeg, and 3/4 cup of the sugar. Add the peaches and toss.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Arrange the peaches in the center of the dough. Fold the outer edge of the dough over the peaches, allowing it to fall into pleats, leaving the center of the tart uncovered.
- Lightly brush the dough with water and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 350° F and bake until the juices bubble and thicken, about 30 minutes more. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.