Makes 1 cup, enough to frost about 36 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg white, or equivalent amount of dried egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, egg white, and lemon juice. With a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together until the icing is thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- The icing will keep up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before using, beat it with a fork. Stir in very small amounts of water if it seems too thick.
- Per Serving
- Calories 26Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 0mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 0mg
- Sat Fat 0g
- Sodium 2mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
After decorating, the royal icing will take between 10 minutes and 2 hours to dry, depending on how thick it is, how densely it's applied, and the level of humidity in the air.