1-pound ball of pizza dough
extra-virgin olive oil
grated extra-sharp cheddar
- Lightly flour the back of a 15-by-10-inch baking sheet. Roll or pull the pizza dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Place the dough on the back of the baking sheet. Brush liberally with olive oil.
- Light a charcoal grill and allow the coals to burn until covered with gray ash or heat a gas grill to medium.
- Using the baking sheet like a big spatula, slide the dough directly onto the cooking grate. Grill over direct medium heat until the underside of the dough is marked, 1 to 3 minutes. Don't worry if the crust bubbles; it will deflate when turned over. Slide the dough onto the baking sheet and flip the ungrilled side onto the grate.
- Brush with olive oil and scatter the cheddar, rosemary, and salt on top. Cover and grill for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the flatbread from grill and cool slightly on a rack.
- Cut cross-wise into strips. Can be served at room temperature.