- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 acorn squash, seeded and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 2 turnips, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 or 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 ounces Manchego, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Toss the squash, turnips, apple, and onion with 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Roast, turning once, until golden brown and tender, 22 to 24 minutes.
- Combine the parsley, almonds, Manchego, lemon zest, the remaining tablespoon of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl.
- Serve the rice and vegetables topped with the sauce, with lemon wedges on the side, if desired.