Roasted Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 pound shiitake or cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup quinoa
- 5 cups baby spinach (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped salted, roasted pistachios
- Heat oven to 425° F. Toss the carrots and mushrooms with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast the vegetables, tossing once, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss with the lemon juice, and thyme.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Divide the spinach among plates and top with the warm quinoa and vegetables. Sprinkle with the pistachios and drizzle with the oil.
- Per Serving
- Calories 375
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 408mg
- Protein 12g
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 7mg
- Calcium 96mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .