- 1pound carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1pound shiitake or cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 2tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1cup quinoa
- 5cups baby spinach (4 ounces)
- 1/4cup chopped salted, roasted pistachios
- Heat oven to 425° F. Toss the carrots and mushrooms with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast the vegetables, tossing once, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss with the lemon juice, and thyme.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Divide the spinach among plates and top with the warm quinoa and vegetables. Sprinkle with the pistachios and drizzle with the oil.