Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on 2 rimmed baking sheets, toss the eggplant, onion, bell pepper, and garlic with the oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Roast, rotating the sheets halfway through, until the vegetables are golden brown and very tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, tomatoes, and reserved cooking water to the pasta and cook over medium heat, tossing, until the liquid coats the pasta, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the oregano and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 653
- Fat 30g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 494mg
- Protein 16g
- Carbohydrate 83g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 11g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 79mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.