kosher salt and black pepper
medium zucchini (about 2 pounds), halved lengthwise
medium eggplants (1 to 1 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise
large onion, peeled and quartered
16-ounce box ziti or penne
large garlic cloves, minced
large tomatoes, chopped
7-ounce package Feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat the broiler. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the oil, the vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Brush the mixture on the cut sides of the zucchini, eggplant, and onion. Arrange them cut-side up in a large, shallow baking pan.
- Broil the vegetables until golden brown and tender, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut the zucchini crosswise into thin slices. Cut the eggplant into 1-inch pieces. Chop the onion coarsely.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Return the pot to the stove, add the garlic and the remaining oil, and cook over low heat until the garlic sizzles. Stir in the oregano and mint.
- Add the cooked pasta, broiled vegetables, tomatoes, Feta, ½ teaspoon salt, and a few more grinds of pepper. Warm over low heat if necessary. Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.