Roasted Tomato Spaghetti
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives (about 12)
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 28-ounce can Italian plum tomatoes with juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet or baking pan over low heat, combine the oil, onion, garlic, olives, anchovies (if desired), crushed red pepper, and oregano.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour the tomatoes over the top, and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Transfer to oven and roast for 20 minutes until the sauce is hot and bubbly and the onions are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain.
- Transfer the roasted tomato mixture to a food processor or blender and pulse once or twice (sauce should be chunky). Toss with the spaghetti and parsley.
- Per Serving
- Calories 639Calories From Fat 141
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 853mg
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 105g
- Sugar 15g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 114mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .