Roasted Tarragon Lamb With Butter Beans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. Season the lamb with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and place in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, tarragon, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Rub over the lamb.
- Roast the lamb, 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare (internal temperature 125° F). Transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the beans, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with the lamb.
- Per Serving
- Calories 596Calories From Fat 216
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 11g
- Fat 24g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Calcium 0mg
- Iron 1mg
- Sodium 846mg
- Cholesterol 90mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The top round, an extremely tender cut from the leg, is delicious roasted whole, cut into steaks, or cubed for kebabs.