Roasted Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet, and roast until tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and apple and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Halve the potatoes, scoop out the flesh, and add to the saucepan. Add 6 cups water, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook until heated through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in the saucepan using a handheld immersion blender (or, working in batches, a standard blender). Add water, if necessary, to reach the desired consistency.
- Per Serving
- Calories 166Calories From Fat 9%
- Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Sodium 577mg
- Protein 3g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a paring knife to cut fruits and vegetables.