- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds carrots, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces, or baby carrots
- 1/4 cup white raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- juice of 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Combine the oil, garlic, sugar, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and carrots in a shallow baking pan. Roast 20 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and add the raisins, lemon juice, and parsley. Toss well. (Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)