Roasted Shrimp With Peppers and Lemon
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 scallions, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound frozen large peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the bell pepper, lemon, thyme, scallions, red pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture on a rimmed baking sheet (reserving the bowl).
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss with the paprika, remaining tablespoon of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Nestle in the mixture on the baking sheet.
- Roast until the shrimp are cooked through and the bell peppers are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve over the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 392
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 172mg
- Sodium 534mg
- Protein 28g
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Fiber 3g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.