- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 scallions, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound frozen large peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the bell pepper, lemon, thyme, scallions, red pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture on a rimmed baking sheet (reserving the bowl).
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss with the paprika, remaining tablespoon of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Nestle in the mixture on the baking sheet.
- Roast until the shrimp are cooked through and the bell peppers are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve over the rice.