Roasted Pork Chops With Polenta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick; about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup instant polenta
- 6 ounces grated Gruyère (1 1/2 cups)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet, along with the tomatoes, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer until the tomatoes begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes more. Mix in the parsley.
- Nestle the pork in the tomatoes. Transfer to oven and roast until the pork is cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Whisk in the polenta and cook, whisking, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in the cheese, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the pork and tomatoes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 687
- Fat 35g
- Sat Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 172mg
- Sodium 993mg
- Protein 61g
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 529mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .