10-ounce package couscous
bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
kosher salt and black pepper
peaches, cut into wedges
small red onion, cut into thin wedges
white wine vinegar
fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the peaches, onion, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the skillet and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
- Return the pork (and any accumulated juices) to the skillet. Transfer to oven and roast until the pork is cooked through and the peaches are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pork and peaches with the basil and serve with the couscous.