Roasted Peach and Shrimp Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 firm but ripe yellow peaches, cut into eighths
- 2 large sprigs fresh rosemary, broken into pieces
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 4 medium Belgian endives (preferably 2 red and 2 green)
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche or equal parts sour cream and heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- Heat oven to 500° F. Line a baking sheet with 2 layers of foil. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the honey, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the peaches with the honey mixture and place them on the foil, cut-side down. Scatter the rosemary over them. Roast for 15 minutes, turning once. Transfer the peaches and top layer of foil to a counter to cool. Slip off the peach skins, if desired.
- Brush the shrimp with the remaining honey mixture, place on the bottom layer of foil, and roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice each endive crosswise into ¾-inch-thick strips. Place the peaches and endives in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crème fraîche, mustard, vinegar, milk, the remaining 1 teaspoon of honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in the corn oil. Drizzle ¾ of the dressing over the peaches and endives; toss.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, top with the shrimp, and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 324Calories From Fat 218
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 317mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 57mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .