plus 1 teaspoon honey
red pepper flakes
kosher salt and black pepper
firm but ripe yellow peaches, cut into eighths
large sprigs fresh rosemary, broken into pieces
large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
medium Belgian endives (preferably 2 red and 2 green)
crème fraîche or equal parts sour cream and heavy cream
white wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 500° F. Line a baking sheet with 2 layers of foil. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the honey, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the peaches with the honey mixture and place them on the foil, cut-side down. Scatter the rosemary over them. Roast for 15 minutes, turning once. Transfer the peaches and top layer of foil to a counter to cool. Slip off the peach skins, if desired.
- Brush the shrimp with the remaining honey mixture, place on the bottom layer of foil, and roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice each endive crosswise into ¾-inch-thick strips. Place the peaches and endives in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crème fraîche, mustard, vinegar, milk, the remaining 1 teaspoon of honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in the corn oil. Drizzle ¾ of the dressing over the peaches and endives; toss.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, top with the shrimp, and drizzle with the remaining dressing.