Roasted Pacific Cod With Olives and Lemon
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds Pacific cod or some other white fish fillets (such as halibut)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- zest from 1 lemon, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Place the fish in a small roasting pan. Add enough wine (about 3/4 cup) to reach halfway up the sides of the fish. Scatter the olives and lemon zest around the fish. Drizzle with the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the red pepper.
- Roast until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the parsley. Divide the fish among individual plates and spoon the olives and wine sauce over the top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 180Calories From Fat 46%
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 1,326mg
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 42g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Many fish fillets have small pin bones in them, which can pose a choking hazard. Before cooking, gently run your fingers along the fillets, locate any bones, and pull them out with tweezers.