Roasted Fennel and Red Onion Salmon
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 small fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 lemon, halved
- about 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a roasting pan, toss the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, ½ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and the oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Move the vegetables to the sides of the pan; place the salmon in the center. Squeeze the lemon halves over the salmon. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Return the salmon to oven and roast until it is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with the rice, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 394.71Calories From Fat 48%
- Calcium 99.87mg
- Carbohydrate 15.19g
- Cholesterol 100.36mg
- Fat 21.08g
- Fiber 4.4g
- Iron 2.21mg
- Protein 36.17mg
- Sat Fat 4.06g
- Sodium 430.36mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .