- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for the pan
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 2-pound kabocha or acorn squash, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 small bunch curly kale, stems discarded and leaves torn
- 4 6-ounce cod fillets
- Heat oven to 425° F with the racks in the upper and lower thirds. Place the red peppers, lime juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, ¼ cup of the oil, and ½ teaspoon salt in a blender until smooth.
- Toss the squash, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast on the top rack, tossing once, until partly tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Toss the kale with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large bowl. Add to the baking sheet with the squash. Roast until the squash is tender and the kale is crispy, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Lightly oil a second rimmed baking sheet. Season the cod with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Roast on the prepared pan on the bottom rack of oven until opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the cod and serve alongside the vegetables.