Roasted Cod and Scallions With Spiced Potatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound small red potatoes (about 12), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless cod, halibut, or striped bass fillet
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed
- 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil, the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish and scallions on a second rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips of zest from the lemon. Thinly slice them and sprinkle on the fish; reserve the lemon.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes, place the fish in the oven and roast until it is opaque throughout and the scallions are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the reserved lemon in half and squeeze over the fish. Serve the fish and scallions with the potatoes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 293
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 589mg
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 52mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .