- 1pound small red potatoes (about 12), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 46-ounce pieces skinless cod, halibut, or striped bass fillet
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed
- 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil, the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish and scallions on a second rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips of zest from the lemon. Thinly slice them and sprinkle on the fish; reserve the lemon.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes, place the fish in the oven and roast until it is opaque throughout and the scallions are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the reserved lemon in half and squeeze over the fish. Serve the fish and scallions with the potatoes.