Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, breasts, or wings)
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut into florets and stems peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme and/or rosemary
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the chicken, broccoli, and cauliflower with the oil, garlic, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer and roast, tossing the vegetables once and basting the chicken occasionally with pan juices, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 492
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 151mg
- Sodium 663mg
- Protein 51g
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 87mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Feel free to substitute any combination of other hearty vegetables, such as carrots (peeled, cut into 2-inch lengths, and halved lengthwise if thick), fennel (bulb quartered), small red or yellow onions (cut into wedges), and new potatoes (halved). Mushrooms (halved if large) and grape tomatoes also roast up nicely.