- 1 lemon
- 2pints grape tomatoes
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated
- 1cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 8sprigs fresh thyme
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1 small loaf country bread, warmed (optional)
- Heat oven to 425° F. Using a vegetable peeler, remove strips of zest from the lemon. (Reserve the lemon.)
- In a large roasting pan, toss the tomatoes, garlic, olives, thyme, and lemon zest with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Nestle the chicken, skin-side up, among the vegetables and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Season the chicken and vegetables with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the hot roasting pan. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the roasting pan and add the wine. Gently stir, scraping up any bits stuck to the pan. Serve the chicken and vegetables with the pan juices and bread (if using).