- 1pound baby potatoes (about 16)
- 4 small fennel bulbs, quartered
- 8 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 3 1⁄2- to 4-pound chicken, legs tied
- 1/4cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, fennel, and garlic with 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Rub the chicken with the remaining tablespoon of oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and nestle among the vegetables.
- Roast, tossing the vegetables and basting the chicken once, until the vegetables are tender and the internal temperature of the chicken registers 165° F in the thickest part of a thigh, 65 to 75 minutes. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before carving.
- Toss the vegetables with the parsley and serve with the chicken.