Roasted Chicken With Mole Sauce and Citrus Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup store-bought enchilada sauce
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the enchilada sauce, chocolate, and raisins; microwave until the chocolate is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a blender, add ¼ cup water, and process until very smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mole sauce and turn the chicken to coat. Transfer to oven and roast, cooked-side up, until cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the watercress, orange, and onion and toss to combine. Serve with the chicken and mole sauce and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Per Serving
- Calories 473
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 767mg
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Sugar 26g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 183mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .