Roasted Chicken and Beets With Couscous and Yogurt Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 1/4 pounds chicken drumsticks and thighs (8 total)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the chicken with the cumin, paprika, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. On a second rimmed baking sheet, toss the beets with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, tossing the beets once, until the beets are tender and the chicken is cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro. Serve the chicken with the couscous, beets, yogurt sauce, and lime wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 612
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 131mg
- Sodium 638mg
- Protein 48g
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 139mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .