- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (2 1/2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1pint grape tomatoes
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. In batches, cook the chicken, skin-side down, until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- To the skillet, add the asparagus, tomatoes, and thyme. Top with the chicken and roast until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve sprinkled with thyme.