- 1 pound pasta, such as rigatoni or penne
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta
- zest of 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 425º F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and let cool.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Scatter the thyme on top.
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and bake until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the pasta among 6 large bowls. Spoon some of the ricotta over each serving. Top with some of the tomatoes and thyme sprigs.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the lemon zest and pepper to taste just before serving.