- 3 small butternut squash (about 2 pounds each)—peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 8 shallots, cut into wedges
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup apple cider
- 1tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 375° F. Divide the squash and shallots among 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Toss the vegetables with a total of 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with a total of ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Arrange in a single layer and roast, turning once, until golden brown and tender, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, simmer the cider in a small saucepan until reduced to ¼ cup, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in the vinegar, mustard, parsley, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Transfer the squash and shallots to a serving dish and drizzle with the vinaigrette.