Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 bunch broccoli (1/2 pound), cut into small pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 500º F.
- Toss the broccoli with the oil and water in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.
- Remove from oven and toss with the salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 76Calories From Fat 81%
- Calcium 27mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 2mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 159mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Blanching vegetables locks in flavor, texture, and color, and you don't have to worry about undercooking or overcooking.