- 12 apricots, halved
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche (or substitute Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream)
- Heat broiler.
- Place apricot halves, cut side up, on one half of a baking sheet. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons of butter; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- In a small bowl, toss pecans with remaining butter and sugar and spread them out on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully, until apricots begin to brown and pecans are lightly toasted.
- Place three apricot halves on each plate, drizzle with warm dulce de leche, and sprinkle with the pecans.