Roasted Apple and Walnut Tarts
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 8-ounce sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Cortland, McIntosh, or Empire apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Cut the puff pastry into 4 squares. Line 4 cups of a muffin tin with the squares, allowing the corners to stick out.
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, walnuts, and brown sugar. Divide the mixture among the puff pastry squares and bake until the crusts are golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Serve with the tarts.
- Per Serving
- Calories 506
- Fat 35g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 41mg
- Sodium 294mg
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 19g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .