- 1 2-pound acorn squash, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large head butter or oak leaf lettuce, leaves torn
- 1/4 cup pepitas (roasted hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the squash, tossing once, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place the squash, lettuce, pepitas, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and the remaining oil.
- Toss the salad gently. Serve with warm bread.