- 2 medium acorn squashes (3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1/3cup brown sugar
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- After trimming the ends, slice the squashes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and slice each half into quarters. (Save the seeds to make a toasted snack, or toss them into Roasted Acorn Squash Salad.)
- Place the squash slices in a roasting pan and dot with the butter. Sprinkle with the brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Scatter on the thyme. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast 10 minutes more or until the squash is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.