Roast Salmon and Vegetables With Green Olive Vinaigrette
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cut each fennel bulb in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges. In a roasting pan or large baking dish, combine the fennel, tomatoes, garlic, lemon, 1/4 cup of the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Spread the mixture into a single layer. Roast until the fennel is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Season the salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove pan from oven and place the fillets on top of the vegetable mixture. Return to oven and roast until the fillets are the same color throughout and flake easily, about 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove and discard the lemon before serving.
- Meanwhile, combine the olives, the remaining oil, lemon juice, parsley, cumin (if using), paprika (if using), and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spoon over the salmon.
- Per Serving
- Calories 480Calories From Fat 58%
- Fat 31g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 1,435mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 37g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .