- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1cup green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cut each fennel bulb in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges. In a roasting pan or large baking dish, combine the fennel, tomatoes, garlic, lemon, 1/4 cup of the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Spread the mixture into a single layer. Roast until the fennel is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Season the salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove pan from oven and place the fillets on top of the vegetable mixture. Return to oven and roast until the fillets are the same color throughout and flake easily, about 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove and discard the lemon before serving.
- Meanwhile, combine the olives, the remaining oil, lemon juice, parsley, cumin (if using), paprika (if using), and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spoon over the salmon.